The Temple Independent School District is excited to announce four 7th grade students have qualified for state recognition in the prestigious Duke TIP program, and three additional 7th graders qualified for the Duke TIP Academy for Summer Studies.
7th grade students who excel on the STAAR tests are encouraged to take SAT or ACT tests, and qualify for state recognition in the Duke TIP program based on their scores.
Temple ISD 7th graders qualifying this year are:
- Emily DeGraaf – Lamar Middle School
- Cody Little -- Lamar Middle School
- Genevieve Myers – Travis Science Academy
- Smruta Ramanathan – Travis Science Academy
The state ceremony will take place on May 27th at Texas A&M University, and these students also qualify for the Center for Summer Studies which is only available to the highest scoring students within their grade level.
Additionally, Temple ISD had three students qualify for the Academy for Summer Studies which is only available to the top 5% in their class:
- Dominic Gamino – Bonham Middle School
- Rayhaan Ahmed – Travis Science Academy
- Marc Phillippe Wong – Travis Science Academy
These students were recognized for their achievement at the May 9th Temple ISD School Board meeting.
Temple ISD congratulates these students on earning this prestigious national recognition!